January 20, 2009

Today was a good day...

Ice Cube couldn't have said it any better.

Today was the Inauguration of our first Black President into the White House, Barack Obama.

This not only signifies a new beginning for our country, but to me it symbolizes how far we've really come. If you were to tell me a few years ago that a black man would be President of the United States... in all honestly I'd think you were crazy. lol. But, today it finally really hit me how monumental this is. I'll be honest... I don't agree with everything, but the very fact that someone just like me could be President makes me feel like I can do anything. No limitations. No excuses. Anything.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


p.s. will update tomorrow with pics from my trip to big bear

Peace

collinsboi aka mikegetsbusy aka mi. co.

No comments:

Post a Comment